4 August 1944
Experimental mission which aimed to destroy the production and launch equipment of the V-1 using B-17 bombers which were very damaged. These flying fortresses, once elements non-essential to the flight have been relieved, were responsible for about 8 tonnes of explosives. The aircraft were equipped with a summary guidance control controlled by an accompanying aircraft named CQ-17.
After several missions which mostly ended in failure due to mechanical or visibility problems or even imperfections in the guidance system, the program was abandoned.